Hopefully you guys had a great Thanksgiving, too! My boyfriend is american and he missed his favorite holiday, so we decided to just bring it to Germany! It was my first Thanksgiving and we had 11 guests, it was a challenge :)
The menu was (everything besides the Turkey was vegan or nearly vegan):
- Pumpkin Soup
- Turkey (our first Turkey, we actually had two, and they turned out great!) and its gravy
- walnut lentil loaf
- vegan gravy
- salad with homemade cranberry vinaigrette
- garlic mashed potatoes with white beans
- sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
- green beans with roasted almonds
- stuffing (with celery and carrots)
- broccoli casserole
- cranberry sauce (bought)
- gingerbread with buttercream frosting
- pumpkin cinnamon doughnuts
- pumpkin pie
Omg, it was all really delicious, luckily we had leftovers for the next 3 days (see last pic). My vegan gravy turned out great, everyone preferred it over the turkey gravy. I will make it for Christmas again! The recipe is by ohsheglows.com!
Check out the rest of the photos, you will see my table decoration and place cards. Everybody got a little cookie in the shape of the Statue of Liberty and a Twizzler with his place card. How do you like it?
PS: I submitted my applications for the States yesterday...such a weird feeling!!!